What did you do with your lion?

With a little luck I'll have an opportunity at a big tom in a few days. What did you do with your lion? Best cuts of meat?

Legend

WKR
Braised is best as you really should cool it to a high temp to kill everything. It is really tasty and often wins the blind taste test at wild game cook offs.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Mostly cooked the meat like pork chops, very good stuff.
Had the skull sitting on a tray in the carport and a raccoon or cat dragged it into the driveway and I ran over with my truck in the dark.

wytx

WKR
Tasted great but a funky smell while cooking. Made good chili with one of ours.

I had no idea people ate lion meat. That's cool and would definitely be an exotic twist to a wild game feed in these parts. Usually raccoon, beaver, and possum take the title. LOL!

I'm considering lion hunting. Never thought I would want to follow a pack of dogs, and trek though snow. But I'm bored. I see you eat them. Do you mount them, or just keep the skin ???

Still not sure I can do it. I think they are kinda cool & scarce. If there were 10 zillion of them around, then sure....
I think the guys that live in WY, MT, ID, OR, and WA would argue that there are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too many lions around. We never saw one in the Big Horns in October, but they saw and stalked us plenty. On our way back out in the dark one day, we had 2 sets of lion tracks inside our boot tracks in the snow from the morning.

OP
streetdoctor
Still not sure I can do it. I think they are kinda cool & scarce. If there were 10 zillion of them around, then sure....
There's 5500 estimated in Colorado and they eat a deer a week. Our mule deer population is in steady decline. Like coyotes its predator control. We've identified 4 separate lions in the small area im hunting.

OP
streetdoctor
What makes a predator like this so scared of a little itty-bitty hound dog ?
You should read "The beast in the garden". It's a great read on lion populations in the front range and they also talk about the attempted reintroduction into yellowstone from a biologist perspective. Not sure your angle on "itty bitty hound dogs" but I'm also not interested in hearing it.

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
What makes a predator like this so scared of a little itty-bitty hound dog ?

9e64b02c5b873328888ea2acc1c04e5f.jpg

Intensity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk