What a nice surprise

magtech

WKR
I headed out for archery elk in MT. Arrived here around the 4th or 5th and got a backcountry campground spot.

So, coming from michigan heres the surprise. All of the hunters i talked to were nice and welcoming. We shared info and when someones partner left them i hunted with them for a few days. We were able to share ideas and plans and grow our knowledge.

If i were to try this at a backcountry campground around home something would be stolen. People would be ripping around all night drunk and if i didnt know other people they wouldnt say much of anything.

Heres something thats not a surprise...all the elk pushed onto private. Its like they know that fence is bad news and wont cross it.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a great trip. I think most people are pretty friendly outwardly, at least those who run into each other on the mountain, but bad apples in every bunch for sure. Why'd the other guys partner leave him, it was planned and just out of time, or other circumstances? All these posts about guys bailing or backing out last minute are kinda strange, who does that.

OP
M

magtech

WKR
Sounds like a great trip. I think most people are pretty friendly outwardly, at least those who run into each other on the mountain, but bad apples in every bunch for sure. Why'd the other guys partner leave him, it was planned and just out of time, or other circumstances? All these posts about guys bailing or backing out last minute are kinda strange, who does that.
I didnt ask. Apparently he had to catch a flight or something. people do what people do i guess.