We went to Alaska

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Late in 2020, a buddy [who I met on Rokslide] mentioned he wanted to go to Alaska moose hunting. I told him I’m game and if he drew a tag, I’d take him.

Well, we found out in Feb 2021 he drew. So the planning started. I called my pilot and reserved a 9 day slot.

There are so many steps and logistics to plan trip a like this.

My buddy was from western upstate NY so he had some planning to do on his part also.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Fast forward to Sept 2021. I wanted to archery elk hunt before the Alaska trip so my son and my old HS buddy hunted the first week. On Tuesday evening Sept 7, I filled my archery tag on a nice cow. We packed her out that night

D8D8E7A5-25D5-489F-8148-647523FB67C9.jpeg

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
The next morning I packed up my camper and meat, came home, put the meat in the freezer and repacked for Alaska as I only had one day turn around before I left again

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I called the pilot and talked to him about when we could fly out. He said if we could be at the lake at 9am he would take us Saturday, instead of Sunday.

WhoooHoooo! One day earlier!

We made the deadline

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
11.JPEG

We arrived at the lake 9am Saturday morning. We separated our gear for each flight as we were going in on a SuperCub. This is all the gear we took for 9 days. The pilot was very appreciative.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
The closer we got to the lake the more rain and fog there was.

We cruised to shore and I hopped out and we unloaded my gear. I was hoping Collin could get in before the fog locked him out