Washington Multi-Season Elk/Deer Tag

Hey guys...im new here, so my apologies for the most likely "repeated" question. I drew a non-res multi-season elk/deer tag in washington. I've never hunted washington...mostly hunt idaho. Honestly i just put in for the draw with no expectations on drawing it. Just looking for some InSite on western areas i should look into. Not looking for all the answers, but a little bit of guidance. Not sure if im going for archery or modern rifle either. Thanks guys. Also interested in maybe partnering up with anyone that may know the land...or point me in the direction of an outfitter for a spike camp...since i have no time to scout...outside of OnX or GoHunt. Thanks again.

spudists

FNG
Did you draw both tags? They are separate and not a combo for residents. I believe it is the same for non-res. If you drew both, that's pretty amazing luck.

OP
A
Did you draw both tags? They are separate and not a combo for residents. I believe it is the same for non-res. If you drew both, that's pretty amazing luck.
I'm sorry...you are correct. I drew the multi-season deer tag, but planning on grabbing an elk tag as well.

Answer to your question depends on what you’re wanting to chase! We have muleys, White tails in the east and black tails on the west side of the state.
Archery / or hunting muzzle loader season with your bow would give you the widest range of hunting opportunities statewide for sure

OP
A
Answer to your question depends on what you’re wanting to chase! We have muleys, White tails in the east and black tails on the west side of the state.
Archery / or hunting muzzle loader season with your bow would give you the widest range of hunting opportunities statewide for sure
Honestly going for the Elk, and deer would be secondary or bonus. But either mule dear or black tail. I don’t hunt muzzleloader, so I’d be going for rifle or archery.

Right but with your multi season tag you can hunt during the muzzle loader season if you use a muzzle loader or a bow (just expanding your opportunities) elk is gonna be tougher cuz you have to choose west or east side of the state and OTC opportunities are pretty rough. Probably wouldn’t spend the non-resident $$ if you didn’t have a spot lined up IMO

spudists

FNG
With multiseason you can hunt with a bow during muzzy season. Cannot use a rifle, but can use the "lesser" weapon type if you have a multiseason tag and the season is open. In some cases the muzzleloader season can be more advantageous, even if you use a bow during that time.

OP
A
Thanks everyone for all your insight. i understand i cant hunt rifle and archery at the same time, i just meant that i wasnt sure which weapon i was planning on using. plus ill probably only be able to squeeze in 4, maybe 5 days of hunting.