Wasatch Expo Tag - Outfitter Recommendations

alisue91

FNG
My father-in-law drew the Bull Elk Wasatch Mtn permit. He’s had a few outfitters contact him and he’s also reached out to a few himself. Most recently in discussion with some guides for Shane Scott Outfitting. Just looking for feedback and others experience with that outfitter or other outfitters in that area. The good, the bad and the ugly.. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Did he get a bow, muzzleloader or rifle tag? I had an early season rifle tag 7 years ago and went with Flying J Outfitters.

OP
alisue91

alisue91

FNG
He got any weapon and he’s planning to hunt mid season. October 8-20 were last years dates I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mid season runs congruent with general spike hunt. Plenty of people around usually they'll let you know if they've seen a nice bull.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ranny

FNG
I hunted the Wasatch with Shane Scott Outfitting last season. Late Season rifle bull. I was looking for a more budget friendly option and didn't have a full week to hunt. He was willing to work with me and get me set up with a guide and area that would work with my time constraints, budget, and hunting style. Seems like a good outfit- I was very happy with my hunt.

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Another outfitter you may want to check out is Lazy Bar T Outfitters out of Payson UT. I've hunted with Jeff a couple of times and killed good bulls each time. Last year he had a couple of more mature hunters that killed good bulls, one a stud. He is flexible on the services he offers.