Was leaving the hunt worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunt1up

WKR
There's an hour of my life I can't get back and I'm ok with that!

I'm taking my daughter for a late cow hunt this December with an outfitter who has us staying in a "lodge cabin with meals provided." Looks like I'm bringing some addional DIY gear with me. The jetboil and some free dried meals at the very least.

Not accurate. If you read through the whole thread, the OP posted exactly what services the outfitter promised to deliver for almost $10k. In addition, he had multiple conversations with the outfitter prior to the trip and they were presumably on the same page re: expectations. Other than an area to hunt, none of the goods and services promised by the outfitter were delivered. A constructed wall tent and a hot meal is not "glamping".

If I were in the same situation, I would've been pissed too, but would've stayed for the same reasons that @KurtR mentioned.

I agree somewhat but the basis of what you're doing is paying to kill an elk. That seemed obvious it would happen if the OP gave it another 48 hours. Which seems like a rarity if you read threads about outfitters on here. The idea that you would leave because the food was subpar is insanity. Especially for something as easily negotiated as food! Either the hunter is brand new and didn't realize the lucky situation he was in, or his priority wasn't killing an elk. Very weird to me but I guess that's why I don't pay for guided hunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.