WA Spring Bear - public comment registration

Yeah I hope they have a way of filtering out by IP address so duplicate comments don't count...seems like a messy way to receive public input. Usually there's a checkbox for Support, Oppose or Other and an email address required. Would hate to be the intern that has to sort it all out!

Each comment has its own "avatar" (snowflake symbol) and if you comment multiple times from the same device (IP?) you get the same snowflake symbol. If you comment from different devices the snowflake differs.

I assume this means that the "system" will filter out all duplicates. But it is government, so I may be assuming too much.

The anti's are pouring in as we approach the meeting tomorrow! Here are some examples to make your blood boil. If you haven't commented yet please do!

Attachments

• SpringBear5.JPG
    SpringBear5.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 26
  • SpringBear4.JPG
    SpringBear4.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 26
  • SpringBear3.JPG
    SpringBear3.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SpringBear2.JPG
    SpringBear2.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 25
  • BearHuntersSupport....JPG
    BearHuntersSupport....JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 27

Hoodie

WKR
Well, at least some of those comments will make us seem reasonable by comparison.

Does the person who posted that bear hunters support child molestation think they're gonna consider that during the decision making process?

Commissioner 1: "Well we have had a spring bear season for decades and decades and our populations have only grown during that time. And calf recruitment in the Blues is abysmal. "

Commisioner 2: "That's true Bill, but bear hunters do support kiddy diddling."

Commisioner 1: "Yeah, f*** em', let's put a moratorium on this s***."

Ono

FNG
From commission chair, scary stuff, more public opinion bs instead of following the science:

"Moving forward, it will be important for the commission to consider public values in the decisions it makes, said Barbara Baker, who was elected as the commission chair at the meeting. Baker voted against the spring bear hunt.

“We have to decide what it is we want to achieve and what science we need to meet those objectives. Then we have to consider the public opinion,” Baker said. “We haven’t done it yet, and that’s our responsibility.”

The activist crowd has woke to the easy prey that Inslee and WA is and has swooped in for the kill. They have never had a better opportunity placed into their lap to restrict or eliminate hunting. It is devastating to think how many youth hunters will never have a chance in this state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After what happened to begin with, can’t say I’m surprised. It’s Washington, and bears and SO CUTE AND CUDDLY.

Don’t be surprised when more seasons go on the chopping block because THEYRE SO CUDDLY AND CUTE

Hoodie

WKR
I love Oregon. For some reason. But if anything like this happens here, that will be my cue to move to greener pastures.

This is the take of a WDFW bio.

They basically said they want population data on black bears the same way they have it for mule deer or elk before they endorse a spring season. Which is gonna be a pretty big problem given that black bears don't congregate in giant herds on open winter range where you can count them with a helicopter. (It's also hilarious given that when they do have that kind of hard data, i.e. calf recruitment in the Blues, they don't give a shit.)

This sets a very bad precedent. Know what else you can't count that way? Blacktails. I'm sure they'll be safer longer because they aren't as charismatic, but the logic could be extended to many other species that are difficult to count for practical reasons.