WA High Hunt Advice

Huntnnw

WKR
It used to be great. The PNWild guys really made it popular and I can't help but resent them for it, the videos are good but man what a zoo it has become, especially in the last 5 years. People need to make videos and keep their mouths shut.
I've done this hunt in a rei dome tent and eventually upgraded to tipi with a stove, that makes it much more enjoyable. Make sure it is well secured, I've had wind that bent the tipi pole like a fishing rod.
- Don't take this hunt too seriously and you will have more fun and be less disappointed.
-Take good rain gear, and a down coat, it usually snows and always rains and thunderstorms are likely.
- Expect assholes if it was less than a 8/10 suck level to get to your "spot. " I'm not saying everyone is an asshole. But there sure has been an uptick in people seem to think you're trespassing on their land.
- Stay mobile to get away from said assholes and keep moving if you're not seeing any fresh sign.
- I like to hike in a couple days early, the hoardes show up on the 14th, most leave by the 20th or earlier if the weather is bad. This year it was sunny and people were everywhere.
became way popular long before them

OP
CPawlowski
Disclaimer: I am not looking for specifics as to locations or specific wilderness - just general info

I’ve been designated as mission planner for our high buck hunt this fall. As I identify areas to scout - would you recommend an out of the way lake off a beaten trail that may not offer as much for opportunities or a well known trailhead to an area that has lots of viable hunting basins? May not is the key word since we know deer aren’t always where we expect them to be….

jmassart

FNG
Plan on any type of weather. On the Eastside it can float between sub freezing at night, raining and t shirt weather during the day.

Bachto

WKR
Disclaimer: I am not looking for specifics as to locations or specific wilderness - just general info

I’ve been designated as mission planner for our high buck hunt this fall. As I identify areas to scout - would you recommend an out of the way lake off a beaten trail that may not offer as much for opportunities or a well known trailhead to an area that has lots of viable hunting basins? May not is the key word since we know deer aren’t always where we expect them to be….
Get in there scout both this summer.