Vortex vs Primary Arms Prism

tracker12

WKR
I am looking at putting a Prism sight on my Muzzy and limited it to the Vortex Spitfire AR or PA SLX Micro prism. Both look like great options and have good reviews. Both companies have really good warranty and CS. Any reason I should pick on over the other. I was set on the PA until after talking to a Vortex CS rep for another issue that he brought up the Spitfire. What I don’t like about the Spitfire is the non adjustable height and 3 MOA dot.

Last edited:

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Primary Arms Mirco Prism optics are etched reticle and easier for people with astigmatism to use. They come packaged with a variety of riser options to get the optic at the correct height for your application.

I have several of the 1x PA prism red dots, will add more in the future. I have a 3x and a 5x on dedicated ARs, plenty happy with them, but I won't be buying more, 1x only.

Last edited:

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
Primary Arms Mirco Prism optics are etched reticle and easier for people with astigmatism to use. They come packaged with a variety of riser options to get the optic at the correct height for your application.

I have several of the 1x PA prism red dots, will add more in the future. I have a 3x and a 5x on dedicated ARs, plenty happy with them, but I won't be buying more, 1x only.
Do you feel like the 1x would be a good muzzleloader option?

Taudisio

WKR
I have no experience with the vortex. I love the primary arms 5x for what it is, an 8oz magnified optic.

Attachments

• IMG_3250.jpeg
    IMG_3250.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
The Primary Arms micro prisms are awesome. I have the 1x and 3x, I'd use either on my muzzle loader.

Edit: I use an ADM mount for mine.

ADM mount
View attachment 721997
Well I wouldn’t be using a 1X but Utah says I have to so it’s what it is. I was also recommended the ADM mount. It looks very nice and having a quick detach will be an added advantage. I am thinking of holding off on the SLX since PA is coming out with aa GLX in 1X very soon

Last edited:

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
I would not hesitate to use one on a muzzleloader. I had one on a Handi 450 Marlin for a while, never a hiccup, went back to the fixed 2x. The PA 1x that was on it is on a 9mm AR now.

veprk

FNG
I'm still playing with my 1x pa prism..not a good start. But I did buy a used one. Glass is nice but I need more time behind it. So far I'm liking my holosun hs403b for a go to budget optic