Vortex viper hs lr vs leupold vx-3hd

I am about to place an order for my sons remmy mountain ss that I am giving him for x mas (I originally got it for me but he needs a hunting rifle and the 6.5 creed aint my style).
I am narrowed down to the leupold vx-3hd cds or the vortex viper hs lr. I like what I have read on both so far and have a razor lht on my elk rifle and a vx-5hd on my whitetail rifle. Honestly like the leupold better in every way. The hs lr does give more magnification though and is $50 cheaper but ill end up using that on a kenton industries custom dial regardless as to where the leupold already has the awesome cds. Idk which way to go here. Has anyone used both??? Looking at 14-16x magnification.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I can only speak to the HS LR and both of mine are the 6-24. The thing I like the most is the fact that the HS LRs that I have are both FFP. I really like the 2 I have. They’re a little heavy but for the money they are pretty good glass.

OP
TonySkyline
Do ya use em for hunting? I love the cds that leupold has. Kenton industry just sent my custom dial for my razor LHT and its just a strip of paper that I gotta slap on to the existing turret. Guess I'll find out soon how that performs. In my search for reviews, the hs lr has a ton of positive reviews and honestly looks like the second best hunting scope they offer behind the lht. Love the specs

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

The Leopold 3x has a much smaller fov in my opinion.
Have a razor LH and 2 LHT’s. You won’t find anything other than a LHT on any rifle I put together from now on. Absolutely love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
I have the 6-24 hslr since they came out. It has worked good . I won’t use cds dials the turret it comes with works just fine.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 6-24 hslr since they came out. It has worked good . I won’t use cds dials the turret it comes with works just fine.
I agree I set the zero on both of mine and like them just fine.