Vortex Viper HD

tracker12

WKR
Looking for a quality inexpensive Spotter. Will get limited field use and range work. Thoughts on the Vortex Viper HD

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. We were running our Spring Sale through yesterday but of course we will honor sale pricing for you today if you'd like to give a call to discuss what might be best for your needs.
Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Still trying to get a review from a few Vortex spotter owners.

They are good spotters for the money. I have owned both the 65mm and 85mm before I picked up a 65mm razor.

I don’t know about the new gen of viper spotters but the old gen is not impressive to me at all. I have looked through both the 65 and 85 and my vanguard scope is much nicer.

Geewhiz

WKR
I had one of the older gen viper hd 80mm and I liked it. Was a good scope for the money. Sure they are better scopes out there but they are also much more expensive. I made some great spots with that scope and don’t regret buying it a bit. If that’s what you can afford I would not hesitate.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
I used to own one and I was less than impressed. The glass in those is very hard to look through for any length of time without getting a headache.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Well I had a non HD Swaro 65 that was nice but I rarely used it. After my last antelope hunt I sold it thinking I could get buy without it. Now I have two upcoming deer hunts in CO and WY and one in UT in the next couple years when I finally draw. In hind sight I should have kept the swaro.t