Vortex scope intro

Seeknelk

WKR
First of all, I have to admit that I never bought a vortex product that I ended up happy with. Maybe that’s just me…..

But reading through this thread, we talk about scope reliability and nobody mentions Swarovski or the other German manufacturers. Is it all marketing?

I’ve hunted North America and south africa with a. VX III 2x7 and never found it lacking
Did you dial the 2-7 up and down a lot like the OP wants to?
Swaro scopes have WONDERFUL glass. And won't dial or rtz reliably. Gotta keep em light! X5 is step in right direction but not quite there. It's all about the guts.
To the OP, put me on the list for previous owner of vortex PST gen 1. Lost zero mid special draw hunt. Man did it have lots of cool features squeezed in for the money tho 😁. Got me once.
Trijicons Tenmiles and credo scopes are.worth a look.
But honestly, just get nightforce, SHV to ATACR , take your pick. All just as reliable.

TheHammer

WKR
I am a vortex guy, the issue I’ve had I can own as my own fault. As for a viper, all viper scopes are still made in the Philippines, as for the binos or spotters I cannot speak on this. The viper ffp pst is what it sounds like you are after I have one on my dd5, works well. A hslr might fit your needs and falls well within your budget, neither of mine have left me down. I have a handful of the hs 2.5-10 which I normally recommend, obviously this would not be beneficial over your existing optic. A 2.5-10 will be more then sufficient to shoot an any ethical range while hunting. Current sales you can grab a razor lht 3-15x42 within your budget.

OP
J

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up going with a Trijicon Credo 4-16. Couldn't justify razor money. Just prepping for out-west hunts and there are many things to spend money on. Scope is important but wont do me any good if I dont have a sleeping bag and tent. I can always upgrade/change later.