Vortex LHT

I'm thinking about getting an LHT for my ultralight mid range hunting rifle.
Any input on these scopes?
Mainly I'm concerned about tracking, durability, and holding zero.

Jumpalot

FNG
I have two. They have tracked true from 100 to 1000 and back for me. Have only had them a few months so I can't really say about the durability. They seem to hold zero. Overall, I'm very happy with mine.

JakeSCH

WKR
I have two. They have tracked true from 100 to 1000 and back for me. Have only had them a few months so I can't really say about the durability. They seem to hold zero. Overall, I'm very happy with mine.

+1 but it does "feel" a bit cheaper. Overall I like the scope a lot but I am put in on my 6.5 PRC because I don't trust it taking a pounding from my 300 WM.

I love my LHT! It has tracked perfectly from 100-1300m. The reticle is actually perfectly suited for this scopes application, and the most outstanding surprise I got when using it was its low light capability... the razor glass is brilliant at last light. I would highly recommend people to grab one... or two!

JakeSCH

WKR
Hmm
Glad to hear you guys are getting them to track.
How does it feel cheaper?

It has good glass and I really like the reticle / features but they got to 19 oz at their price by using a lot of plastic / thin rubber.

I am typically not a vortex fan, but the newer uhd line (binos) and the new LHT line are pretty good. All in all I like the scope for my 6.5 PRC. Maybe after hunting season I’ll move it over to my 300 WM and test it there.

Last edited:

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
I have two MOA versions, one on a 6.5 prc and on a 300 prc.

Just ordered a third in mil for a new build.

They are the perfect mid weight hunting scope IMO.

No problems so far and I’ve twisted them a bunch. Even shot a few rounds without the brake on my 300 PRC that weighs 8.5 lbs, the scope handled that better than me.

Only time will tell but so far mine have been great!

Bater

WKR
Do a search on this site and others. Tons of info out there and I can’t recall a negative review on the reliability. Mine rides on a lightweight 260 and has been dialed past 1k many many times. Perfect LW hunting scope as others have mentioned.

Love mine on a bergara 308 500-600 rounds so far. Good glass, tracks well, has held zero wile not being treated well.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also have two, one has been taking a pounding on muzzle loader shooting a stout powder charge and the other one been patiently waiting until I can get more time behind my new semi custom 280AI. Impressed with these scopes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

zred

FNG
Most of you using the smaller 42 mm objective? The 50 mm objective is a little cheaper at euro optics website is why I ask.

Bravo6

FNG
I have one, maybe two LHTs available, both are the MRAD reticle, one in 42mm used, one in 50mm new unopened box. Love these little scopes, but am selling them off to fund a Sako TRG for long range. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you some pictures

zred

FNG
Thanks for the offer but really looking for a MOA option. Also looking at the Burris Eliminator scopes.

Bater

WKR
Just added a muley buck @ 248yds and a bull at 527yds using this scope. Performed better than my scopes costing twice as much. Reticle can’t be beat for extended range precision yet still perfect for timber pounding.

Mine just arrived, got it sighted in yesterday. Plan on shooting steel later today. If tracking holds up it’ll make the trip to Colorado on my mule deer hunt.

Looks like the 50mm versions are going for about $200 less than the 42mm versions right now. Anybody know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LHT would be a great choice - it is my personal favorite for hunting. It is rated for magnum recoil and tracks/holds zero like a dream! It is everything you would expect from the Razor HD line in a light-weight body. If you have any questions on it, don't hesitate to reach out!
Any plans to do a ffp version????

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk