Vortex diamondback vs viper

tlav21

FNG
I am looking to see if anyone has any recent field comparisons between the vortex diamondback and viper binos and spotter.

I currently have the diamondback 12x50 binos. Bought them with a budget in mind, but from what I've heard since is that the diamondback glass isn't even compared to the viper. I am looking to upgrade and get the viper 12x50 binos and the diamondback 20-60x85 spotter, or keep my diamonback binos and just add a viper spotter. I would of course love to buy both vipers or even razors, but I think spending the money on the viper binos instead of viper spotter is a better use as I will be using them more.

If anyone has any terrible reviews on the diamondback spotter please share! Thanks

i have used a Diamondback angled spotter for four years now and have no complaints. of course the more you pay the better you get... but i set up the diamondback and my buddy who uses Swaro's was impressed with the view through mine. i'm not saying they are at all in the same class but they are what i can afford and i have no plans to upgrade.

Laramie

WKR
My truck binos are diamondbacks but I carry vipers in my harness. There is a difference but it honestly isn't a huge difference. The image is a bit crisper in low light. I can stay in them a little longer during glassing sessions.

farmerTom

FNG
I own lots of different Vortex products. 4 scopes and two sets of binos. 12x50 Viper HD binos. 10x50 Diamondbacks. Not a huge difference in quality. Viper is a little more crisp in low light scenarios as Laramie mentioned above. Vipers are still made in China I believe at least mine are. Rumor was they were switching production to the Philippines but not 100% sure on that. If I was going to do it all over again. I would spend a little extra money and go all Leupold. You can get into a set of BX4 Pro Guide HD for about $50 than a pair of Vipers and have Japan quality glass that we all know is tried and true along with the same lifetime warranty Vortex is known for. I myself have been on the fence about selling off all my Vortex products and making the switch to Leupold for sometime.

I myself have the diamondbacks and are looking for an upgrade. Based on info I've read it seems like more people are moving away from vortex to get a better quality glass in roughly the same price range as the vipers. Maven's are one of the brands i'm looking at.

Superdoo

WKR
I just upgraded from 10x42 diamondbacks to the Vipers. There was a huge difference between my two pairs.
That being said, I picked up a pair of Razors too and compared the three.
I couldn’t tell a difference between the DBs and the Razors. They both looked dark and blurry against the Vipers.
Moral of the story… get a few pairs when you’re deciding on optics.