Venture Set Up

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I got my Venture 2300 in today and was looking at the pocket layout.

How is everyone setting up their packs and using the pockets?

This will be for day hunts on whitetails most of the time.

I was thinking flashlight and headlamp in the belt pockets. Layers, gloves, and beanies in the front pocket. Kill kit in one of the interior zipper pockets. Snacks in the lid pocket. First aid kit in main pocket.

Drenalin

WKR
Not specific to the Venture, but I have a few packs and generally pack them all the same way for a hunt:

Rangefinder and spare ammo in right belt pouch (hate having it on my bino harness), headlamp and phone in left belt pouch, rain jacket in front pocket. Snacks, filter, beanie, neck gaiter, and gloves go in the lid, and everything else in the main compartment. One water bottle in the right bottle pocket, tripod (if I’m carrying it) in the other water bottle pocket. Sit pad gets strapped on with front compression straps.

godwinmt

FNG
I've got the 1800 that I use for whitetail. Front pockets get like you say, headlamp and a release if I've got the compound, power pack etc. CAT tourniquet on a holder on the shoulder strap.

The vertical zipper outside pocket gets my harness and linemans belt that I'll put on at the tree. Right outside pocket has my limb saw, other side will get the thermacell.

Top pocket gets snacks up where they won't get crushed or smooshed.

Inside I have a small IFAK in a little bag down in a little pouch along with a kill kit in a separate pouch along with game bags. On top of that gets packed my main outer layers/heavier gloves/muff The other pockets on the inside get small incidentals (screw in hooks, thermacell fuel/pads, 550 cord/s-biners, handwarmers etc.)

Seat cushion gets hooked to the outside. If I'm taking my climber, its light enough to strap onto the comrpession straps/lower support straps. If it's the LW/sticks, the bag gets strapped to them.