UTAH Muzzleloader elk Box Elder/Grouse Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

HutchWV

FNG
I drew the non resident box elder/grouse creek muzzleloader tag. Sept 25-oct 6. I've been bow hunting Colorado and Idaho for a few years now. I don't know much about the unit but there were only 5 tags and 1 for non resident last year so I'm thinking its pretty good. This will probably my best shot for a while at killing a pretty good bull so I'd like to try for something 320+ and I'd consider holding out for better if there are better in the unit. Does anyone have any info they'd be willing to share? I've searched for days but I've come up pretty short on information. Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

muzz

FNG
There is some smoker bulls out there. But the rifle limited hunt is before the muzzleloader. So them big sob’s will be wised up by your hunt.

OP
H

HutchWV

FNG
There is some smoker bulls out there. But the rifle limited hunt is before the muzzleloader. So them big sob’s will be wised up by your hunt.
WISED UP OR DEAD :(

Im kinda wondering if this is a pretty good tag or not now. I drew it with 3 points so I can't complain. Last year the guy had 20 and before that 16.

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
WISED UP OR DEAD :(

Im kinda wondering if this is a pretty good tag or not now. I drew it with 3 points so I can't complain. Last year the guy had 20 and before that 16.
Dude you did well drawing that tag. It may not be the primo tag in the state but Utah's LE areas all have good bulls. The muzzy hunt this year has great dates and the bulls will be lit up rutting. I wonder if the muzzy hunt will be better than the rifle hunt this year. I hunt or guide Utah every year and tend not to worry about the rifle hunters having educated the elk. Keep researching the area and reach out to the locals for info/help. It's a good enough tag that you may want to reach out to a local outfitter for some help.

muzz

FNG
It’s a good tag. The area I have been around out there and seen elk in is not what you would think is elk country. I would love a tag out there.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.