UT NR Chalk Creek / East Canyon / Morgan Muzzy Tag

Murph8868

FNG
I drew a NR Chalk Creek / East Canyon / Morgan Muzzle-loader tag this year. The past couple years I was successful on the west side of the state with a rifle. Nothing big, but figured I would mix it up and try something different.

I've done some digging into Echo Creek and around the Whitney Reservoir. Just wondering if anyone else has done this hunt recently. Mainly looking for what to expect when it comes to other hunters / recreational activities?

Hey Murph, I hunted that unit last year. There is a lot of private land. I filled my tag but I got lucky enough to run into a landowner while I was out and he let me cross his place. Keep that in mind. I dont have any info on Whitney, never made it over there. I did see a lot of other hunters, bikers and hikers.
Best of luck.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Most of the public land is pretty busy from hunters and just nature enthusiasts in general. It's not an easy hunt. good luck.

OP
Murph8868

Murph8868

FNG
Thanks guys, kinda what I was worried about. Hopefully I get lucky then.

Pretty cool that a private owner let you cross his land.

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have much intel on this hunt yet, I do know you want to hope for weather to get the bigger bucks moving. Know of a couple guys that have hunted it over the years and if they get weather they've found good bucks. We're hoping to hunt it in the next couple years after we get through our bull hunts. Good luck hope you have a great hunt!