Used Duplex frame off a rack

tttoadman

WKR
I was in a Portland outdoor store this afternoon looking for some footbeds. Because I can't resist my OCD for looking at packs, I had to go through the "used" packs on the basement bargain rack. A visible frame sheet caught my eye. It turned out to be a duplex frame with a rigid seat type attachment on the bottom and a long hunter lid. I could see only minor fatique issues at the top of the frame sheet on one side. I could not find any damaged straps. It has the 4 delta straps. I will get some picks and figure out if I have all of the connections to put a bag on.

The guy at the counter had never heard of Kifaru. I gave them $70 for it.......................Holy crap!!

colonel00

WKR
Is this a thrift shop sort of place? I'm just wondering how they are reselling product that apparently they are not familiar with and not a retail outlet.

OP
tttoadman

tttoadman

WKR
Is this a thrift shop sort of place? I'm just wondering how they are reselling product that apparently they are not familiar with and not a retail outlet.

"Next Adventure" in Downtown

They are big into mountaineering and all outdoors with the exception of hunting it appears. They are similar to REI, but a little more hardcore. I assumed it was a trade in from the yuppy grandkids where the original owner may have passed.

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, just seems weird that they are reselling used goods that they typically don't stock. Good score regardless.

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I was in a Portland outdoor store this afternoon looking for some footbeds. Because I can't resist my OCD for looking at packs, I had to go through the "used" packs on the basement bargain rack. A visible frame sheet caught my eye. It turned out to be a duplex frame with a rigid seat type attachment on the bottom and a long hunter lid. I could see only minor fatique issues at the top of the frame sheet on one side. I could not find any damaged straps. It has the 4 delta straps. I will get some picks and figure out if I have all of the connections to put a bag on.

The guy at the counter had never heard of Kifaru. I gave them $70 for it.......................Holy crap!!

I live for those kinds of deals congrats that's a great price

neverquit

WKR
?? "A little more hardcore" and they have never heard of kifaru? Smells fishy. Lol

LBFowler

WKR
I've found many a good pack deal at Next Adventure, from older Arcteryx packs, vintage mountainsmiths, Ospreys and even an old Dana every now and then. They don't know tactical or hunting stuff well but I'm still surprised no one googled the name on the tag.

Always worth a stop by when your in PDX.