Upgrading binocs - Help with 8x32 vs 8x42

Just based on what I've read it appears that the shadowing effect is more a function of eye relief. Here's a link to a great summary of bino physics by Nikon:

Question to the OP...is the shadowing you describe the same as the "vignette" effect pictured in the Nikon link? Notice that your Conquest glass has a 16mm eye relief and many other 8x32's, 8x42's bino's measure 18+. Do you have sunken eyes and a heavy set brow...glasses?

I'm on this post because I'm trying to choose a glass for bow hunting in mostly heavily forested western timber areas and trying to answer the 32 vs 42 question. In high-end glass the FOV and exit pupil measurements are just a bit better for the 42's, but eye relief (maybe the OP's issue?) is the same. In the Swaro NL Pure line the 32's actually have a higher % light transmission (92% vs 91%). I can't find that data for most other brands.

OP
D

dks07

FNG
Update to this thread - I decided to pick up the SFL 8x40's as on paper they seemed like a great balance of size and optical quality. I used them side by side with my Viper 8x42's for a few weeks, and I actually still preferred the Vipers. Optically, I did not find the SFL's to offer any better resolution or clarity which surprised me. So perhaps I just have an exceptional pair of Vipers lol...or maybe it was the slight advantage from 42's vs 40's, but for over $1k more, I expected to see some improvement...instead, I actually ended up preferring the view in my old Vipers so I sent the SFL's back also. I'm fully aware that there are diminishing returns as you step into the higher priced glass, but I was just surprised after spending time behind both of them and comparing the two.