Unit 47 Idaho Deer

Hey I’m from central Idaho, and I’m considering putting in for the unit 47 deer hunt, but there hasn’t been much for recent information on it. I’ve done well hunting deer throughout my life, so I’m not looking for secret spots, just more of an expectation on the unit for deer numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Welcome! Have you looked at the Idaho F&G website? A lot of good info there. Are you close enough to scout the zone/area?

Lprough

FNG
Unit 47 is small. I bow hunt it every year. There is big bucks in there but they are super sneaky. Lots of people riding atv all over the place. Hunt the brushy draws and make sure you know where the state line is at all times. Pretty easy to wind up in Nevada without knowing it.

OP
D
Yeah I’m familiar enough with the area. I’m hoping to make it down there if I get drawn during the summer to scout. I would just like to have realistic expectations on deer numbers.

Lprough

FNG
Numbers were much lower last year than years prior. Saw 2 bucks and 3 does in 4 days.

OP
D
Yikes haha. Thanks for the information. I’m hoping to stick around the Nevada border invade the neighboring deer want to come say hey.