Unit 37 Idaho Sheep

IdahoGoat

FNG
Drew a sheep tag in 37. August 30 to September 20. I wasn't in the slightest expecting a draw and feel super lucky. I'd like to make the most of it and by no means do I usually go around asking for handouts but if anyone has some beta or tips they would like to share feel free to hit me up. I am somewhat familiar with the range as I've climbed all the Idaho 12'ers but haven't explored the area for hunting purposes. I am also new to sheep hunting. I know what's expected from a fitness standpoint and would be more interested in general hunting tactics, animal tendencies, and areas to focus on or avoid. Thanks in advance!

Ram12

FNG
Congratulations! Magnificent county! Sheep hunting is mainly about sitting behind your scope from a good spot. My buddy drew the middle fork, so I get to go!

2ff115b284c10015219da1fd009085ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Ooof that sucks. I wonder how exactly it happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I

IdahoGoat

FNG
I'm sorry that's a bummer. I'm wondering what the rest of the email says but this may be a topic for another thread.

Drew a sheep tag in 37. August 30 to September 20. I wasn't in the slightest expecting a draw and feel super lucky. I'd like to make the most of it and by no means do I usually go around asking for handouts but if anyone has some beta or tips they would like to share feel free to hit me up. I am somewhat familiar with the range as I've climbed all the Idaho 12'ers but haven't explored the area for hunting purposes. I am also new to sheep hunting. I know what's expected from a fitness standpoint and would be more interested in general hunting tactics, animal tendencies, and areas to focus on or avoid. Thanks in advance!
Hey man I’m headed to 37 this Thursday for a few days to scout some mule deer again. just saw your thread would love to share any info I can with you shoot me a message on here or call or text me (541)361-9540 for a faster reply.I’ll have my swaro and digi scoping shit with me if I find any rams wirth a look hopefully you can get a stud

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, how did you do?

cbarg14

FNG
Drew this tag this year! Congrats on your ram!! Super stoked for this fall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Drew this tag this year! Congrats on your ram!! Super stoked for this fall.

Congrats! I am very jealous and would love if you would keep the page posted with your updates. Do you plan to scout? Are you a resident or nonresident?

cbarg14

FNG
Congrats! I am very jealous and would love if you would keep the page posted with your updates. Do you plan to scout? Are you a resident or nonresident?
I'll definitely be providing updates throughout the summer and into fall. I'm an Idaho native and this will be a DIY hunt. I plan on doing a ton of scouting in August and early September leading up to my hunt and also plan on living there until I get a nice ram.

cbarg14

FNG
I'm a newbie to the group so I guess I can't reply to PM yet. I've hunted parts of the unit for deer/elk but I'm far from a know it all regarding the entire unit.