Unit 31 Idaho

majcl5

FNG
I am considering hunting unit 31 in Idaho archery does anybody have good info on the unit
Terrain ? Good elk population ?

mrmorton

FNG
yup. hunted a lot there. It is crowded like a fish market on a saturday. There are some huge bulls in there but calling does not always work and they stick to very specific holes. If you have never even scouted that unit your chances for success are slim your first time there and if you are blessed to tag a bull it would should be considered more luck than skill.

You could hunt it but other units are better. 31 is small, limited and crowded. it has easy access so you have a lot of people there.

OP
M

majcl5

FNG
yup. hunted a lot there. It is crowded like a fish market on a saturday. There are some huge bulls in there but calling does not always work and they stick to very specific holes. If you have never even scouted that unit your chances for success are slim your first time there and if you are blessed to tag a bull it would should be considered more luck than skill.

You could hunt it but other units are better. 31 is small, limited and crowded. it has easy access so you have a lot of people there.

I do plan on scouting But what other units do you suggest ?
I live i oregon so i love the closeness of idaho

mrmorton

FNG
do no business creek in unit 32 you will all alone and have elk that get little pressure.