Unit 129 cow elk Wyoming

Kanderson

FNG
Does anyone know a area that we should check for a cow elk in unit 129 in Wyoming? I drew a couple tags and I’m trying to get my friend at least a sighting of a cow elk. I know people are tight lipped on areas they hunt. We are just wanting to get a cow elk for some meat.

Thanks

bsnedeker

WKR
I love the idea that people ask these questions thinking... oh, just asking about cows, no big deal! Had a dude ask me this at the bar last season after I killed my bull.... can you just tell me where some cows are? I just want some meat!

It's September dude! You think cows are hanging out by themselves? Lol!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kanderson

FNG
I love the idea that people ask these questions thinking... oh, just asking about cows, no big deal! Had a dude ask me this at the bar last season after I killed my bull.... can you just tell me where some cows are? I just want some meat!

It's September dude! You think cows are hanging out by themselves? Lol!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I’m well aware of the month, it’s October by the way. I’m also well aware that bulls are with cows right now. You are just a irritated resident hunter of some western state I’m assuming. And you hate non resident hunters coming to hunt YOUR animals. Typical guy that thinks everyone is out to try and steal your spots. It was a honest question 😘

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m well aware of the month, it’s October by the way. I’m also well aware that bulls are with cows right now. You are just a irritated resident hunter of some western state I’m assuming. And you hate non resident hunters coming to hunt YOUR animals. Typical guy that thinks everyone is out to try and steal your spots. It was a honest question 😘
Not gonna get a lot of help with that approach…. Best of luck

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya, not the attitude we want here on Rokslide. Next time is permanent.
Not gonna get a lot of help with that approach…. Best of luck
No he’s not.

bsnedeker

WKR
Incorrect! I love talking to NR's I run into on the mountain. Of course the ones I run into on the mountain are in the areas I'm in, which are areas with elk, so these guys don't need to go ask random strangers on the internet for spots to hunt so they are pretty cool in my book!

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
The issue is that thousands of people will read this post over the next few decades. Any spot mentioned will get blown out and overrun with hunters.

Unfortunately there are just too many people and not even enough elk to be sharing hunting spots. Privately or publicly.

wytx

WKR
Good luck with that attitude. Hoping some NRs with tons of info chime in for you. Looks like an area you need some private access.

Does anyone know a area that we should check for a cow elk in unit 129 in Wyoming? I drew a couple tags and I’m trying to get my friend at least a sighting of a cow elk. I know people are tight lipped on areas they hunt. We are just wanting to get a cow elk for some meat.

Thanks
Yes,

I'd check areas with good cover near water. Try north facing early October but possibly south facing later in the month if it gets cold and snowy.

Try to focus on areas away from pressure, that have good feed.

If your work ethic and want to are as solid as your snotty attitude you should have no problem finding them!!!

Do report back and let us know how you do out there! Especially if you find them in the awesome locations I just told you about!