Uncompraghe warmth / setup question

So I’m entertaining the idea of trying the Uncompraghe pants from FL with them on sale. Looking to cover my freezing temps gear setup.

Im strictly whitetail hunting, and i currently hike or move a lot then sit for 2-3 hours and vice versa. I do not stand hunt.

I’ve been wearing the furnace top with Kuiu guide pants (fleece lined), and once I sit I put on zipoff furnace bottoms and my sitka kelvin down lite puffer.. My issue is my legs arent staying warm enough, so I was hoping something like the uncompraghe pant would work well over my guide pants (or under) when I sit.

If it’s rain or snow, i use Kuiu rain gear as a shell on both tops and bottoms. But again, my ass literally gets cold.

Those who have the uncomprahge pant how do you like it and would it work you think for my setup.

I dont like having bibs or anything heavy as I usually am huck’n it to a spot vs sitting all day.

Loughgear

FNG
I bought a pair for an added layer under a pair of bibs for all day sits, they are a bit noisy but nothing to terrible, I wouldn’t wana do any brush busting with them as the shell I’d say is fragile. But from what it sounds like it would work well for your application.

*zap*

WKR
sitting for 2-3 hours is stand hunting imo and you need something warmer than a uncomphagre pant for that if it is below freezing..also my opinion.

brandr67

FNG
As much as you say you don't want a pair of bibs.. it's going to be the warmest and best option imo. If you have space to pack them while you're moving you can easily slap them on when it's time to sit.

Macintosh

WKR
I just bought a pair and have used them for our rifle season the last couple weeks. Basically the exact same use case as you, with the addition that I also Treestand hunt and I’m hoping they will be quiet enough for that. Usually we have snow when it’s really cold so im moving looking for a track to follow, but if there’s no snow or its really crunchy I will end up sitting morning and evening, and I got these just for that purpose, as well as to throw on on very cold days if I want to stop for any reason.
size L easily packs into a canteloupe sized stuffsack on the UFS ( universal fruit scale). Size is true for other first lite pants to wear these on top of other layers. I wear very heavy baselayer with a mid-weight wool pant, and zip these on top to sit when its cold. I also carry a down jacket that packs just a smidge smaller, which I’ll put over my midlayers and under a catalyst jacket, plus hat, boots, etc. I sat for a couple hours with temps in the low 20s the other evening and was fine. All day sit in the single digits, probably not. Good thing I dont like to sit that long. They are quieter than most hard shell pants, but they are not quite as quiet as true white tail gear. Also the reinforced seat is quite loud. I need to use them a bit more to really get a sense of how the work for tree stand hunting, but I suspect most folks wont be satisfied with the fabric sound for that use. Overall great purchase and Im happy with them for the rifle and ml hunting I do. Tbd for bow hunting.
I have a pair of the warmest FL bibs as well. The uncompahgre are not as warm or quiet, but WAY less bulky and lighter to pack. I am surprised with the apparent popularity of saddle hunting that no one makes lighter and more packable whitetail stand hunting clothing. If you arent concerned about the noise for bowhunting and dont need stupid-warm, these could be a great option.

Last edited: