Ultralight barrel and suppressor ?

gbflyer

WKR
And I have point of impact shift on my 24" FAT CARBON proof 300 PRC of about 8" higher. But it is shooting slightly better groups , with the same load as before. Just some clicks and set the zero stop. Easy.

I’ve shot the Harvester 300 on several rifles. The POI shift is random on each one of them…that is to say it’s an inch on one, more on the other etc. Seems to be repeatable in each case though. I have also noticed a slight increase in accuracy but that may be because of the way it knocks down the blast and recoil. I really like it. Such BS what we have to go through to get one, but I digress.

The thing about it not shooting good cuz its skinny with a thick thing on the end....how much experience and proof of just that happening is out there?! A lot of things get spouted off as fact when it's all hearsay. Chop it a couple inches if you can, closer to the flutes, and have it threaded and a shoulder adapter put on by Shaen. What's the baddest thing that'll happen? You will sure learn something.
Well I don't know that'd I'd call actual testing by barrel and suppressor manufacturers as "spouting off".

If you don't think there's scientific
evidence of the effect that weight at the end of a skinny barrel has on deflection, harmonics, and accuracy then you need to do some studying.
One thing is for certain though, not all pencil barrels will shoot poorly with a suppressor but the longer you go the more likely it is that accuracy will suffer.
Personally I just go with the minimum contour to get me a .730 shoulder.

I just ordered my first can today and honestly I’ll probably end up getting a Tikka compact CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor or 308.

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Griffin ultralight 300 on my 110 lightweight storm, barrel is cut to 18” stacks em at 200
I just purchased a lightweight storm in left hand 7mm-08. I have a Resonator R2 I'm wanting to put on it. Any advice on the threading? I'm worried about the shoulder. I was thinking of taking 2 or 3 inches off the barrel. Even at 4 inches only measures .565

TheHammer

WKR
1/2-32 is what I had put on it. There are other options to getting threads on a thin barrel. But those are quite expensive and can add weight

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
1/2-32 is what I had put on it. There are other options to getting threads on a thin barrel. But those are quite expensive and can add weight
Sounds good. My gunsmith didn't seemed to be too concerned about it but once you start reading it's a never ending rabbit hole lol. So you didn't do anything to build the shoulder up?