TV subscription

Brooks

WKR
I used to be with Direct TV then switched to Dish both of them have more junk channels than you can watch but the price keeps going up. As soon as my contract is up I’m done with both of them ! What are y’all using for TV ? I’m just starting to research different options. Can’t really stand to watch the news anymore, movies are too phony for me, maybe I should just throw the TV away.

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have YouTube tv. I love it. It's very sports heavy which is why I chose it. Only downside is no hunting channels, but I downloaded another streaming service that's free that has my hunting channels so I can watch those as well. They are all expensive any more, I just think it's preference now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brooks

WKR
I’ve been thinking about YouTube tv. IMO there’s better hunting shows on there than there is on the hunting channels.

505Wapiti

WKR
Several years ago I bought the Roku 4K DVR box off of Amazon and stream YouTube TV, ESPN+, Netflix and Amazon. Best thing I ever did was get rid of garbage DTV. With the streaming box you can still find plenty of hunting/fishing/outdoor stuff. I’m also a college football and baseball addict, espn+ is great for that. I can on demand or live all the college baseball you could ever imagine.

ODB

WKR
I’ve never paid for “TV” in my life. Simply don’t watch it.

We do have Netflix and Amazon but will cancel Netflix next month. Just no value there any more. Amazon is part of Amazon prime which my wife’s mom pays for.

Only other thing ink do is F1TV so I can enjoy all the racing I missed as a kid.

I have Direct TV Stream, but only because it gets me access to the Bally Sports Network to watch the St. Louis Cardinals. The rest of the channels never get watched. If there were a cheaper way to watch Cardinals baseball, I would switch in a heartbeat.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I don't watch TV, but we have direct TV and my wife has several programs she like to watch, a lot of which are British series, I half expect her to start speaking with a British accent any day now.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Over the air antenna for weather and emergency. At our house we don't watch; we do.

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I don't watch TV much but I paid to stream Discovery+ thinking some good solid nature type shows. Can't even get screen time now. Wife watches every house renovation show they have and I get to hear about all the things I could be doing to improve our house. Think I made a mistake.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I have Direct TV Stream, but only because it gets me access to the Bally Sports Network to watch the St. Louis Cardinals. The rest of the channels never get watched. If there were a cheaper way to watch Cardinals baseball, I would switch in a heartbeat.
I found a sort of hack. I stole my brothers password for his cable that he has. I downloaded the Bally Sports App and use his password to activate it and that's how I watch the best team in the NL Central...The Brewers of course ;)

If you know anyone that has cable, give them a couple cases of beer for access to their password. It affects their viewing zero. There's about 5 people that have my brothers password and no issues.

Sherman

WKR
MLB has a single team subscription for $109 a year.

MLB has a single team subscription for $109 a year.
They say that, but they won't actually let you watch the games if you live in the "local market" of that team. Where I live, the Cardinals, Royals, Rangers, and Astros are all considered local teams, so even if I bought the single team subscription, I still couldn't watch Cardinals games from my house. There's supposedly a workaround using a VPN to trick MLB.tv into thinking you live somewhere else, but that's an additional hassle and reliable VPN services generally require a paid subscription.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
I found a sort of hack. I stole my brothers password for his cable that he has. I downloaded the Bally Sports App and use his password to activate it and that's how I watch the best team in the NL Central...The Brewers of course ;)

If you know anyone that has cable, give them a couple cases of beer for access to their password. It affects their viewing zero. There's about 5 people that have my brothers password and no issues.
IMG-0260.jpg

xcutter

WKR
We mostly used Prime for a long time. Here recently we got Hulu and Disney+ included with our cell phone company. They are both pretty great. Hulu for series and some movies. Disney+ for Marvel movies and Star Wars.

Sherman

WKR
They say that, but they won't actually let you watch the games if you live in the "local market" of that team. Where I live, the Cardinals, Royals, Rangers, and Astros are all considered local teams, so even if I bought the single team subscription, I still couldn't watch Cardinals games from my house. There's supposedly a workaround using a VPN to trick MLB.tv into thinking you live somewhere else, but that's an additional hassle and reliable VPN services generally require a paid subscription.
There is an app called DofuSports sports. You can watch any sports event that has a camera recording it.

Finch

WKR
OTA antenna, Netflix and Amazon. My parents have dish so I log in using their credentials on certain networks whenever there is a show I want to watch (Yellowstone, can't think of anything else)

Switched from direct tv to a roku stick this year. Only thing I pay for to stream is philo tv because that’s the cheapest I could find the history channel. There’s a bunch of other channels on there too. For $25/month, it’s not too bad. Much cheaper than direct tv.