Turnkey cost poll for successful DIY elk hunters - All about the Benjamin's?

Marble

WKR
The op asked for at least 3 elk in 5 years. I'm well above that.

My opinion on gear is that it should support success in some way. It should either make something easier to exert less effort or be a more reliable article so that gear failure doesn't lead to difficulties in the hunt.

The most successful hunters spend the most time in the field, are able to endure discomfort, and choose reliable gear to support them.

Over the last several years, my gear purchases have been much less. Mostly because I bought gear over time that does exactly what I need it to do. Some purchases were poor choices, and I had to buy things multiple times before I figured out what I needed.

In total, I have no idea how much I have in gear. But including a big aluminum horse trailer, rifles, optics, bows, tents, backpacking stuff, horse tack, and other gear, I wouldn't be surprised if the number was between 30-40k.

If starting from scratch and just doing archery elk with a backpack, I would be around $3500. Maybe. It could be done for much less.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

williaada

WKR
Over the last 5 yrs of going out west my yearly average travel with 2-4 guys averages out to about 1.5k per year. The first year was bit more because I purchased a pack, gps, and boots to go. Since then each year I have upgraded one piece of equipment usually used, and better than what I had