Tuning question bow noise

I'm going to start right off and say I'm not a person that likes to tinker with bows. I get them set, and as long as I can get my BHs and FPs flying the same, I'm good. In saying that, my string and cables were getting bad so to get ahead of the game, I had a shop change both out Friday. I mentioned that the bow was light, and if possible put a few twists in the cables to try to get a few more pounds out of the bow as it's pretty slow.

So, the bow is shooting bullet holes in paper, I didn't try a bare shaft yet but the bow is very "Twangy" after the string and cable change. It's loud. The bow doesn't have any string stops (it's old) and I did change my peep with rubber tube, to a peep without any tubing but keep in mind, I've never had any silencing mechanism on this bow as it's always been pretty quiet.

I'm shooting the same arrows as before, nothing changed there, but it's noticeably louder. I notice I'm 3/4 short on the A2A length and brace height is over by almost 3/16. I.e. factory A2A is 41, I'm getting 40 1/4, factory brace is 7, I'm at 7 3/16

So, question is, do you think those extra twists are causing all of this? Shop is 2.5 hours away. DL feels a bit longer as well.

I assume peep, d loop etc will all have to be reset if I take it back down to factory specs.

3/4" ATA is more than just a few twists. Seems like cables are definitely short tho, but could be string too.

Does it have timing marks to check at rest?

Also, different string materials can change the sound.

You might be able to leave peep and loop if you can make up the difference in cable twists, but playing with the string you likely need to make adjustments with the peep.

OR Archer

WKR
It’s most definitely causing the issue. Have it put back in spec. 3/4” off on A2A and 3/16” on brace is quite a lot. Most manufacturers are +/- 1/4” on A2A and 1/8” +/- on brace for tolerance.

OP
C
Thanks guys they’re 60x strings and cables as I ordered them years ago, I don’t remember material.

I’ll try and get back to specs tomorrow, as mentioned it feels long as well. I hunted with it all fall and it was shooting great, so I need to get back where it was.

The increase in speed was nice, hopefully it stays close otherwise I’ll need to drop arrow weight to get where I want to be.

NY12020

FNG
Agree with the others...i'd get the bow back to spec. 3/4" short on ATA is a LOT; you are definitely risking a compression splinter(s) on the limbs...