Trying to justify keeping my Honda Pioneer

tdhanses

WKR
One thing I always think of with the SXS versus using your pickup is how bad do you need your pickup? If you slide your pickup off the road into a tree and its your DD, you are out your vehicle while it gets fixed. If you do that to you SXS, you still have your DD.

I hate crappy roads in the winter so I dont like to hunt late season due to the potential for snow and trying to get around. If I had a SXS, that would be a different story.
And cheaper to repair a sxs, especially if your handy.

tdhanses

WKR
Realistically anything goes in the smaller towns in Idaho. As long as you have insurance and a ohv plate nobody hassles you. I’ve got the heat shield in mine, the heat is super nice on December elk hunts!
Yeah the heat shield i think wasn’t a great fix, the bigle fan seriously makes it so much cooler in the cab, cheap fix. Some put a closeable vent behind it in the seat base plastic and reverse the polarity to add heat, but really in the winter if you want heat there is a little access panel below the dash in the center floor board that if you remove the radiator fan blows nice warm air in the cab.

I ride mine all year but in the hot summer heat of the midwest, it was a must to remove as much heat as I could. I put the bilge fan on a switch and don’t use it in the winter.

OP
Customweld
Yeah the heat shield i think wasn’t a great fix, the bigle fan seriously makes it so much cooler in the cab, cheap fix. Some put a closeable vent behind it in the seat base plastic and reverse the polarity to add heat, but really in the winter if you want heat there is a little access panel below the dash in the center floor board that if you remove the radiator fan blows nice warm air in the cab.

I ride mine all year but in the hot summer heat of the midwest, it was a must to remove as much heat as I could. I put the bilge fan on a switch and don’t use it in the winter.
It gets hot here, but I don’t think it’s the ugly hot like you have! It’s a dry heat😂 whatever that means!