Truck campers/overlanders...awning help

sacklunch

WKR
Got a kiddo who is old enough now to come along on day trips...and we've also got a newborn. Shade and comfort for mama will be key if I expect to sneak in a few hours of scouting on these trips.

Have a camper shell on the powerwagon, rhino rack on top of that. Looking at an awning to attach...

Any pitfalls to a 270 degree? The ARB looks great, lihjts included as well as some optiona walls...but not a batwing. 270 wpuld be nice to cover tailgate when cooling or keep the bed cooler for the dogs to chill.

Any thoughts, inputs, brands appreciated.

I'm not sure where you are but in southwestern Montana up through sept., you will have afternoon to evening winds that can peel the feathers off a turkey. Be sure you plan for the ability of her to easily rein the sail in under these conditions if they occur where you are at.

• Banned
OP
S

sacklunch

WKR
I'm not sure where you are but in southwestern Montana up through sept., you will have afternoon to evening winds that can peel the feathers off a turkey. Be sure you plan for the ability of her to easily rein the sail in under these conditions if they occur where you are at.
Do you think 270s are worse in average winds than say an 8x8ft?

More surface area to act lile a kite, obviously.

Really liking the reputation of the ARB one. Lighted 8.2ft square, hard case vs zip up, alum poles, build in strip light and the ability to add walls if desired.