Trocar

I use deep six injexion arrows with the fact blazer vanes. Does anyone have experience with the trocar broadheads with this arrow set up?
I'm shooting a Hoyt Faktor 28.5 draw, 70lb. Or other broadhead recommendations.

Thanks
Matt

eed54d3261efb667c6eacc6931db61b4.jpg

Seemed to do the trick on this roosevelt bull I shot.they fly nice but almost all the blades were lose.i moved on to different heads.

Trial153

WKR
I have played with the Trocars and killed a couple deer with them. Only reason being is they reminded of an old Rocky Mountain broad head design from back in the day. Some good and bad points on them. The good...they seem to group excellent, maybe because of the offset blades that create a helical I don't know...but the shoot very well. They are also quite in flight. Both deer I killed were pass throughout, one died in sight and the other had typical blood trail for about 125 yards. Both double lung shots from tree stands.
The bad on the Trocars. They are a one a done head for two reasons. First reason being that the tiny set screw gets gummed up and it's almost impossible to change the blades. One out of three willstrip right out and the time it take for a blade replacement with that in mind....forget it. This isn't insurmountable because honest you can replace the whole head for almost the cost the blades..... However the second reason they one and done is even though the ferrule is steel really isn't that strong, and solid hit and they don't spin true. They blade retention has weak points as well as I have seen a few sheared blades in solid impact tests. Lastly the blade offset really tears the hell out of your broad head targets and makes some removals a pain in the ***....

So in short I wouldn't be afraid to use Trocars but I would limit it to smallish thin skinned game like deer and lopes.... My first choice in heads...no but serviceable.

I have a good friend who shoots a very low poundage bow; he's just 14. And he had taken 13 of the Grand Slam animals with the Trocars in Deep Six. He's always had good results. I prefer a larger cut and a much stronger head so I use the Exodus in Deep Six. I think it's the best head on the market; best overall balance of cut size, flight, penetration, ferrule strength and edge retention.

charvey9

WKR
That's what I use, I switched from regular FMJ's and Montec's last summer. I love the Trocar. Easy to tune, and just replace the blades before season to keep them sharp.

I blew up a bear last fall with this combo. He was 3/4 away from me and I went through all the vitals and hit his left front left shoulder. It snapped his leg in half, and he was dead in less than 30 seconds. This was the picture I took after skinning him out. The U shaped thing in the middle was his upper leg bone.

I took a deer with that setup also last fall. He was 3/4 toward me a little and I caught one lung and then blew a big hole out of his ribs on the back side. The exit hole was so large that part of his other lung actually started to push out the other side.

Went to the deep six trocar this year on axis arrows so far flying great dead on with my target arrows out to 60. True test in a couple weeks now

MattB

WKR
I killed a moose with the non-deep 6 version last year and was really unimpressed with the edge retention of the blades. The blades were really dull upon recovery. The moose required a follow-up shot ~45 minutes after the first to finish the deal and the first shot was just a few inches high of perfect. To this day I question if the blades had remained sharp if the second shot would have been necessary.

I killed my elk last year with a Trocar non deep-6 and FMJ 455 grain, 70lb Carbon Matrix @ 29" DL. You can see my shot was sketchy just front of the shoulder and the head buried on the opposite shoulder. Dead within 100 yards. I have also killed some turkeys with them. Edge retention seems marginal. Turkeys really ruin them but I find that the case with other blades as well. I don't like that the blades are then often loose and the small hex to remove them is kind of a joke IMO. They fly good but I think I have my bow tuned well enough that most heads will fly good. Overall I can't complain too much but I may switch to Slick Trick.

9bff7c4d0540d8b35068d856a71ae3ad.jpg