tripod adapter plates

I have picked up a few tripods as I am trying some different styles/size as I get into glassing. Each tripod uses a different size plate. Does anyone make a rectangular plate that is say 38mm x 44mm or 38mm x something larger? Done some searching but haven't found anything. Wouldn't it make sense to use the same plate, maybe rotate it 90 deg and be able to adapt to a different tripod or am I overthinking it?

Nethero

WKR
I have picked up a few tripods as I am trying some different styles/size as I get into glassing. Each tripod uses a different size plate. Does anyone make a rectangular plate that is say 38mm x 44mm or 38mm x something larger? Done some searching but haven't found anything. Wouldn't it make sense to use the same plate, maybe rotate it 90 deg and be able to adapt to a different tripod or am I overthinking it?
Arca-Swiss plates are for the most part a “universal” size. If you get a head that accepts Arca-Swiss plates you can swap between different heads and plates.

Arca-Swiss is a photography equipment manufacturer. Their plates have been adopted as a “standard” by many other companies.

You can get some cheap plates on Amazon for around $15. You can also spend $50+ per plate for brands like Really Right Stuff (RRS), Wimberley, Kirk Enterprise Solutions (KES), and Pro Media Gear. My personal recommendation would be KES or RRS because they have movable back stops along the plate.

This can be an expensive initial investment but once you have a few heads you will just need new plates to add and swap.

If this doesn’t even remotely come close to helping answer your question please disregard.