Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

FYI, optics planet has these scopes on sale right now. Until the end of the month you can use code JANEND for an extra 9% off. Came out to just a touch over $1k w/ shipping and tax.

rrbailey

FNG
FYI, optics planet has these scopes on sale right now. Until the end of the month you can use code JANEND for an extra 9% off. Came out to just a touch over $1k w/ shipping and tax.
I see they’re drastically marked down - didn’t see if Trijicon is discontinuing or updating and OP needs to purge current inventory for the new models?

If you have a 20MOA rail like most long range guys are using then it is ABOSOLUTELY necessary to make sure the reticle is not only plumb to the scope base/turret and the Earth by using a plumb bob, but also to the gun or whatever device that has elevation built into it.
This is incorrect (or unknowingly misleading)

The presence of a canted rail has no affect on how the scope should/shouldn't be level with the rifle

khuber84

WKR
Just for the occasional measurement and maybe 1 in 10 stages where you may not have time to dial. Would be just fine without a tree 95% of the time, and even when you do "need" it, you could probably do without it.
My newest competition based optic has no tree, it's a TT 7-35 jtac reticle. It's an amazing scope optically and the tangibles are quite good too. The reticle is very thin and pretty much useless below 10x, I traditionally run 18-22X in matches anymore. There has been one stage in the last 9 matches I've shot where dialing wasn't an option, yes my tree scope helped there. I'm still certain I would have acquired all of near all the points without a tree.