Trijicon Reticles

ToolMann

WKR
Some reference: I've been using my Leupy VX3 since I started hunting in 2007. As a mid-20s adult, fresh out of college and already having a family and mortgage, it was a big purchase for us. It has been solid and never let me down. But as I've been reloading and extending my range I've been wanting more. At 500 yards with the duplex reticle I'm sort of guessing. At the range "aiming at the top of the target stand" works, but it isn't practical. With my wife's cheap Nikon that she loves (I can't stand it for a few reasons) the BDC option makes hitting 600 consistently pretty easy. My son has a Zeiss V4 with the ZMOA-2 reticle. The reticle is great but I just have trouble getting a clean picture. Need to play with it some more, but so far he likes it way more than I do.

So we're here: I've been looking to make a change. I was set on the Leupold VX-5, B&C reticle, CDS ZL-2. I'd like the ability to have marks in the reticle and play with dialing. Then I started looking at Trijicon. The Credo looks great, but the reticle looks so busy. They are both in that 2.3/3 - 15X range I want to stay in. Wish they would have done 2-MOA between lines and just have a lighted "dot" instead of the entire reticle. The Accupoint reticle with the dots looks great, but it has capped turrets. So, any insight or experience with the Credo reticle. Does it seem as busy as the pictures online look? I know there are other options but trying to stay close to that $1K mark which I can find both the VX5 and Credo for.