Trijicon Huron/Ascent 3-12x40 vs. Meopta Optika5 2-10x42

TexasEx

FNG
Looking to put a new optic on my B14 in 6.5CM. Currently running a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40--no complaints, lightweight, and more than enough glass for little for most of the hunting I do, but I'm moving it over to another rifle.

Mostly, I want to keep weight down and slightly extend the range I feel I can take ethical shots at antelope and mule deer. I've also managed to convince myself that 12x would be beneficial for my (fantasy) aoudad hunt where I'm shooting 400 yards at big ol' sheep on a canyon wall. Would like to keep price around $500.

I own a Credo 1-6 and MRO and am generally very happy with quality of Trijicon's products. Considered the Credo 2-10x36 and Accupoint 2.5-12x42, but ultimately don't have a lot of use for an illuminated reticle. My understanding is that the Huron/Ascent lines use essentially the LOW Japan lenses. Most frequent complaint I've seen here about the Huron/Ascent line is eye relief--anyone with a 3-12 care to weigh in? https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/maven-rs2-vs-huron-vs-optika5.279390/

Never owned a Meopta product, but their reputation precedes them, and I was impressed with my buddy's Optika6 with the Plex reticle. I find a few holdover hashmarks useful, but the Z-Plus reticle seems a little busy. I do like idea of the slightly larger objective vs. the Trijicons, but I'm not intelligent enough to know if +2mm actually has any appreciable effect. Seen the Optika5 going for $350, which I have to admit is pretty attractive.

Also interested in Tract. The Toric line seems to have a lot of advocates here; have read less about the Tekoa line. Also read conflicting accounts about the OEM manufacturers--LOW, Kenko, Philippines, RoK, etc.

Thanks in advance!

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I own 2 Bergara 6.5 CMs, and I think you will be very pleased with what Meopta has to offer you. I would consider the Optika5 4-20X50 RD Z-Plus reticle. For a rifle cal capable of excellent long-range accuracy, the Z-Plus won't let you down when you start stretching out your shots. Check out the Meopta USA store. They have had a special 10% off for first-time buyers. Meopta also has an excellent Mil/LE/First Responder Program. Meopta truly provides a tremendous quality-to-cost ratio for its customers.