Trijicon Credo 2.5-15-X42 vs Accupoint 2.5-12.5X42 Mil Dot.

Anyone have experience with both? Which do you prefer?

I have read several reviews that have said the reticle is fairly thin (@.035 Mil) and eye box is pretty tight at 15X on the Credo otherwise pretty good reviews.

The Accupoint has fewer reviews online. One review said it had a huge eye box and the reticle is noticeably thicker @ .05 Mil. The detail sheet on Trijicons website says it has a constant 3.9" eye relief while the Trijicon Accupoint quick reference guide says the eye relief is 2.8-4.3 inches. It also has capped adjusters and the pull up to reset zero system that implies that it isn't really intended to be dialed in the field.

Anyone have any insights?

OP
C
I have a Credo, its my favorite scope and will own another
The 2.5-15?

How tight is the eyebox? Anything you could compare it to?

How about the reticle thickness? Do you hunt more open or more timber or more mixed?

I know the few times I had been to Montana it was more open and "brighter" than the jungle of West TN. :)

bmart2622

WKR
I hunt a mix of open and timber. The eyebox might be a little less forgiving than a Leupold but it is better in everyway than any Leupold I have ever owned. To me the reticle thickness is perfect, I like the center dot

TxLite

WKR
I’ve got an accupoint 2.5-12.5 with mil dot. Really like the scope but I do wish it had exposed turrets like the 3-18 or 4-16 Accupoint. I spoke to Trijicon about it and they didn’t plan on making that change any time soon.

Overall it’s an awesome hunting scope and I like the battery free illumination.

OP
C
I’ve got an accupoint 2.5-12.5 with mil dot. Really like the scope but I do wish it had exposed turrets like the 3-18 or 4-16 Accupoint. I spoke to Trijicon about it and they didn’t plan on making that change any time soon.

Overall it’s an awesome hunting scope and I like the battery free illumination.
How is the eyebox?

Pretty tight or pretty loose?

Is the constant 3.9" eye relief the correct dimension or do you have to climb the stock at full magnification?

I appreciate the response!

I have the Credo. I like it for its reliability. I do think that the eyebox is a bit finicky. As for the reticle, I find it a bit too thin as well, but I am getting more acclimated to it.

TxLite

WKR
How is the eyebox?

Pretty tight or pretty loose?

Is the constant 3.9" eye relief the correct dimension or do you have to climb the stock at full magnification?

I appreciate the response!
The eyebox hasn’t been an issue for me. I set the scope at max magnification when I was mounting it and it’s fine through all the zoom ranges. It’s been easy to get behind and always held zero when I’ve taken it out.

amassi

WKR
Love everything about the 2-15 credo other than the reticle. Ludicrous amount of wind hold with no post on wind or elevation. It easily washes out in broken or dark terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Love everything about the 2-15 credo other than the reticle. Ludicrous amount of wind hold with no post on wind or elevation. It easily washes out in broken or dark terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I was afraid of.

One of the reasons I was looking at the Accupoint because it has a .015mil thicker reticle and is only 5X instead of 6X magnification range so I was thinking it might have a better eye box.

The reticle is a bit thin on the credo but usable. You can always turn the illumination on when You’re in the thick stuff. I tested it awhile back and 1 battery lasted 17+ days in my safe.

To me, the eye box of the credo is good. Just mount it with the mag all the way up to set your eye relief as someone said above. I have two, and if I buy another rifle I’ll be getting a third

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at credo and accipoint. Still not sure what the difference is.

I have been mounting the scopes further back on Leupold,maybe an age thing.

It seems this year I have been having more trouble lining up eye with scope

morgaj1

WKR
Looking at credo and accipoint. Still not sure what the difference is.

I have been mounting the scopes further back on Leupold,maybe an age thing.

It seems this year I have been having more trouble lining up eye with scope
Credo uses electric optic illumination and AccuPoint uses tritium for illumination. Both are great scope lines, just different.