Tried out - First Lite Uncompahgre Puffy

sr80

WKR
Hey guys im looking at picking up this puffy. I am 6'2 190ish pounds. I read a review from that watching your back trail dude online and head said he is 5'9 240lbs and the large he was wearing fit perfect. So im thinking a medium for sure. Anyone with a suggestion?

Mike21

FNG
I have a large and I am 6ft 155lbs. The length is perfect but a little big in the body because I'm skinny. I would be worried about length if I was 6'2 in a medium.

Best thing about this jacket is it fits in its own pocket and makes an awesome pillow.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
How does this jacket compare to the kuiu super down? Anyone have both? I'm trying to decide on my puffy layer.

How does this jacket compare to the kuiu super down? Anyone have both? I'm trying to decide on my puffy layer.

I think the super down is lighter and more "fragile." The Uncompagre jacket is a littler heavier and tougher. Can be worn as an outer layer more. Both are going to keep you warm!

Kotaman

WKR

I've got all three. Here's my take: Super Down - Very warm, packable. You cannot hike in SD or you will die from heat exertion. Great jacket to slip out of your pack and put on the side of a wind swept mountain. First Lite - Much more jacket. Packs into its pocket, but is fairly big/heavy. Great moisture management when hiking. Works pretty well in extreme conditions. KUIU Kenai - To me, best of both worlds. Becoming my favorite puffy. I just wish it packed down a little smaller. Great warmth to weight ratio. Breathes extremely well, and has great moisture management. I've been snow shoeing and coyote hunting in my Kenai since it came out and it is a great jacket. I think I can get by with using the Kenai as a softshell on a cold weather mountain hunt.

All three of these puffys have their own unique uses in my kit, but the Kenai is becoming my favorite.

On another note, I've "pre-ordered" the new Sitka Kelvin Ultra that is a mixture of Primoloft and down. Really excited to give the Sitka jacket a try.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info fellas. As of now I'm gonna try the first lite puffy. Kotaman I would give about anything to rummage through your gear closet for a few hours.

Rob5589

WKR
I just picked one up myself. At 6'2"/230 and trending down, XL fits very well. It may be a tad loose in another 20 lbs, not sure. Close out price of 130.00 I couldn't pass it up.