Tricer bino adapter with BX-4

Has anyone used the tricer bino adapter with 10x42 2nd gen BX-4s? Does the stud stick to far past the end of the binos to be able to leave it on when in a harness?

Last edited:
I used the outdoorsmans on the first gen BX-4. It did stick out a bit past the end but I was able to still use the harness but I was a little worried that it might wear a hole in the interior fabric.

The bigger problem with that combo was that once on a tripod, the balance was way off and I had to keep the tilt pretty tight to avoid it tilting back. I could play with the position of the plate to help alleviate it some. I ended up going to other binos because of this. No way was I giving up my outdoormans adapter so the binos had to go.

OP
caseybratten
I was thinking I could print a cap to cover the threads that wouldn't be as a rough on the inside of the harness for that reason.

What makes the outdoorsman mount so much better? Other than pretty colors?

I was thinking I could print a cap to cover the threads that wouldn't be as a rough on the inside of the harness for that reason.

What makes the outdoorsman mount so much better? Other than pretty colors?
I haven't used any of the other post-style QD adapters, so I don't know if it's better, but in 2018, when I got it, it was pretty much all that existed for a QD adapter. There was really only that one and the stupid screw in kind. Regardless of what post style adapter I could have used, the balance issue was a big deal to me.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID