Travel Tip

t_carlson

WKR
I was traveling with the family over the long weekend.

Flights were delayed due to the cold weather, so we got stuck in a longer-than-expected layover.

Luckily, I had thrown in an inflatable backpacking sleeping pad. That is the ONLY way to get some decent sleep in an airport, and doesn't take up much room in a carry-on.

geterdone

FNG
They make airport seats as difficult as possible to sleep in. I see most people using the floor and a bag as a pillow.

Winter travel is tough, I do it a lot and seem to escape most of the ready bad days luckily. Getting suck somewhere solo isn't horrible, but with the family is no fun.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

ewade07

WKR
Here’s another travel tip. For people like me who book the cheapest flights and are in the last zone to board, the people at the gate have no clue what zone you’re in when they scan your ticket. So, I’ve just been boarding in the first zone after first class. Never have to worry about your bags not fitting in the overhead bins.

MattB

WKR
Here’s another travel tip. For people like me who book the cheapest flights and are in the last zone to board, the people at the gate have no clue what zone you’re in when they scan your ticket. So, I’ve just been boarding in the first zone after first class. Never have to worry about your bags not fitting in the overhead bins.
Most are probably just too embarrassed for you to call you out your entitlement, but this past weekend I saw two gate agents that weren’t. One even got on the intercom and indirectly shamed the person who tried to board early - which was awesome.

mcdues

FNG
We flew with my daughter many, many times her first 18 months of life, including all the way to Hawaii. Just make sure you have lots of snacks, some special treats, lots of things for entertainment like a tablet loaded with shows & don’t forget kid headphones, any favorite toys or board games, new special toys, stickers, color wonder markers/paper, the gel window cling decoration things are great thing for planes since they can stick them anywhere around them and peel them right off and do it again. Take an empty water bottle for each person through security and then fill it up after, make sure they’re full before boarding.

Wrench

WKR
Anyone who works on the slope from America knows how to sleep in an airport. I always took a super light down bag and a aircore rem sleep pad. Total was about like packing 2 nalgene bottles and the comfort afforded was uber.

Wrench

WKR
Typing as I am checking out of a hotel on the east coast after a 3am wakeup to fly home after work today. Hopefully weather is on my side. Sounds like spokane airport got clobbered.

Rich M

WKR
Most are probably just too embarrassed for you to call you out your entitlement, but this past weekend I saw two gate agents that weren’t. One even got on the intercom and indirectly shamed the person who tried to board early - which was awesome.
I saw this too, on my flight back from my western hunt - plane was 100% full. They were checking everything and telling people to get out of line and wait.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to drive to the Caribbean.
Life, uh, finds a way
050322_cubans_truck_hmed12p.jpg