Trad vanes and fletching tape

nevadabugle

WKR
Classified Approved
Can't imagine that will work. Tradvanes are a bit tricky to fletch with because the base is so small.

I've only ever had good luck with superglue and a bitzenburger jig. My other jigs would allow the base to slip up inside the clamp.

nevadabugle

WKR
Classified Approved
No need for fancy "fletching" glue. I use Gorilla brand superglue either gel or normal. It is cheap and has worked great for years for me.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I use trad vanes in an aae mini max. Cover the arms in metal hvac duct work tape. Cut a very small slit just so the vane fits through. Now you don’t have to worry about them falling down into the bases. Works awesome.

ERegs

FNG
I’ve only used the bohning fletching glue for them. But kinda have a problem with the coming off after a while. I shot a lot of 3D’s in the summer so don’t know if they aren’t that durable or I did it wrong.

Beendare

WKR
The tape works pretty good….but…

not as durable, not as good in wet weather, and if there is pressure on them- like sitting on a table or in an arrow tube the feather will take on a lean.

TX_Diver

WKR
I've had good luck w/ the gorilla gel superglue and AAE max bond. Fletched in an AZ EZ fletch w/ HVAC tape I'll occasionally have the back of a vane not seat well but I can't shoot the difference and so far they haven't come off even shooting off the shelf in a variety of weather conditions.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord