Trad Archer beginning spot

I've had a Bear Kodiak Magnum 55lb since I found it at a flea market for 15 bucks in 2001. It is fun to shoot somewhat badly as it is hard to concentrate on good technique with that high of a draw weight.

What is a good 35lb draw setup that is economical to build strength and technique? Dumb Question-Do I need feathers or can I shoot my normal compound arrows. I fletch my own stuff so putting feathers on wouldn't be a big deal.

I've seen the Samik bows that aren't a bad price. Are they a good option?

I've been shooting compounds for around 20 years so have some understanding of tuning and technique for them.

oldgoat

WKR
Samik is fine option and yes you need feathers, some inexpensive ilf options too, check out rmsgear.com

Rob5589

WKR
Southwest Archery Tigershark or Spyder. All their limbs interchange so pick which riser you like (both the same, different woods) and the long limbs for a 64" bow. I have a set of 35# limbs I can send you, just pick up a riser.

Southwest Archery Tigershark or Spyder. All their limbs interchange so pick which riser you like (both the same, different woods) and the long limbs for a 64" bow. I have a set of 35# limbs I can send you, just pick up a riser
Those risers also interchange with samick sage and any of the numerous companies that have licensed that design. Their customer service is solid too, I had a problem with a riser on my Spyder XL (same riser as the Spyder just slightly longer limbs for a 64" bow, good for long draw guys) and they took care of me quickly.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
You can pick up a heck of a deal from guys who were in your position last year and are now upgrading their equipment. I gave away a samick sage last year to someone who was just starting out. Keep an eye on the classifieds and maybe check out a traditional meetup.