*Tracking performed*Credo 4-16x50 initial thoughts

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
I would have preferred a 44 also but the 44mm credo was more expensive than the tenmile HX with the 50. It’s all good, this will go on my mountain ascent 300wm and should fit well. Hoping I can get away with my talley mediums.
The tenmile 50 clears on my tikka with Talley lows

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Cool, good to know. I could be mistaken but I remember when I had talley lows on my tikka they seemed higher than lows I’ve had on other rifles. I’ve been using mediums on my Kimber and they have been fine so if I can get away with them with the new scope I’ll be pumped. If not, I have a set of high 30mm talleys around here somewhere.

This is sort of new for me as I’ve never used a 50mm scope before.

KenLee

WKR
Is the low light capability of the Tenmile or Credo any better than the Accupoint?
I don't dial and really like the simple duplex and dot on the Accupoint.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is the low light capability of the Tenmile or Credo any better than the Accupoint?
No idea but if you aren’t dialing there is t much point in having a scope with all that stuff on it. For a set and forget scope, a 3-9 accupoint would be great.

The ability to adjust reticle brightness is where the Credo and Tenmile stand out.

KenLee

WKR
The ability to adjust reticle brightness is where the Credo and Tenmile stand out.
I've never had any problem getting the dot brughtnes down low on the 2 Accupoints I have.
Hadn't paid any attention to Tennile or Credo til the price drops. I've never even seen one, but at these prices, I'd buy one if it gave me 5 more minutes of shooting time on a moonless or very cloudy evening.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Too bad that 2.5-15 isn’t on sale. That looks like the ticket. I don’t like 50mm obj if I can help it.

Ucsdryder

WKR
That's the only negative for myself as well.
I run my 44mm about 2 piece of paper thickness above the barrel and it allows for an adequate cheek weld. Any higher and I’d either have to float or do something aftermarket which I don’t want to do. It’s amazing how hard it is to find the perfect scope, but what’s weird is I think we’re all looking for the same thing.

I wish vortex would just buy swfa, combine technology to make the LHT as robust as the swfa, but keep everything else the same…locking turrets, zero stop, capped windage, size and weight, etc.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The tenmile 50mm fit perfectly on my talley mediums, I get a great cheek weld and the scope seems to have great eye relief.

Initial thoughts are very positive, this scope really hits a lot of good points for me. Good eye relief, functional/not cluttered reticle, capped windage, illumination etc and the weight isn’t bad. Seems like an absolute steal for 739.00.

I’m thinking of buying another trijicon even though I don’t really need one at the moment.

The tenmile 50mm fit perfectly on my talley mediums, I get a great cheek weld and the scope seems to have great eye relief.

Initial thoughts are very positive, this scope really hits a lot of good points for me. Good eye relief, functional/not cluttered reticle, capped windage, illumination etc and the weight isn’t bad. Seems like an absolute steal for 739.00.

I’m thinking of buying another trijicon even though I don’t really need one at the moment.
I bought 3 😁