Top lid for packs

mt100gr.

WKR
K3 Lid for me. I've tried the Kifaru long hunter and guide lids and the SO. The lid on the SG terminus and the K3 lids are the best fitting, not floppy lids I have come across.....I have a trimmed guide Lid in the classifieds, tho, if a feller is looking for a lightweight.

I am a bit of an MR fanboy but I like their design with pack straps that they call the hunting daypack lid. Shoulder straps 12 liters of capacity give it just enough room for me. The dual chamber design means that my stuff doesn’t all sag down if it is hanging more off the back of the pack than riding on top.

Idaboy

WKR
Anyone put another brand lid on their exo? Would the kifaru guide lid fit?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I use a mystery ranch lid on an exo 6400, on a kifaru frame. Bit of a mutt of a pack. I like the MR lid, two big pockets, and it lays nicely over a full pack. I use a 2L bladder in the forward pocket, which I like keeping it out of the pack for access and leakage risk. The other pocket is plenty big enough for easy access stuff like sunglasses, gloves, toilet paper, water filter, etc. I did cut the shoulder straps out because I never used them, saved about 5oz I think.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using Exo for a long time and love their lids. I made the switch last year to Kifaru and have been much happier with how the frame fits me and feels, but I missed having a good lid on my pack. I picked up a K4 and have it on my Hoodlum for longer trips.

Last edited:
When I pack in I use a Guide Lid then ditch it while hunting. Underneath it is a large or medium belt pouch that stays while hunting. All Kifaru, all the time.

ODB

WKR
I have two lids for my K3. I kept my old K2 lid and use it as a 'pod' to hold my weather clothes.