Too much room in Zamberlan toe box ?

Paryan96

FNG
I recently picked up a pair of Zamberlan 966 Saguaro GTX RR boots. The fit seems great especially the support around the ankle. I probably only have a mile on them. I definitely have the right size as I have the perfect amount of room at the end of my toes. The problem is it seems there is too much room around my toes. I can move them up down and side to side a lot more than I’m used to. Is this normal ? I’m thinking some sort of toe insulators may fill the void better but just seems weird.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Is it your first pair of this style boot or of Zamberlan?

I’m noticing that every manufacturer has a different “feel”. Each new pair has me wondering for a while whether I got the right size boot until I get used to them. My last 2 pair of boots I had the same question. I wound up replacing the laughably terrible stock Hanwag insoles with considerably better Lowa and Zamberlan ones I had laying around and the boots fit much better. I had the excessive space in the toe box as well.

I had the 966 Saguaro and the rubber rand delaminated on two pairs so I went away from them. I am a 10.5 in most shoes and got the US 10.5 and after it loosened up some it felt too big to me so I had to thicken up my inserts. But if the length is good then you can just add thicker insoles to take up the space. Imo

WoodBow

WKR
I'm no expert but I would see it as a good thing. I recently bought a pair of xero shoes, which are a "barefoot" type shoe. The first day I wore them they seemed very loose, like they were too big. They felt totally normal after that. We have kind of been programmed that our shoes should fit snug but now it seems like it is pretty well accepted that that is bad for our feet and our toes should have room to splay out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've got narrow feet and I have three pairs of Zamberlans and they all fit great for me. I picked up a pair of Hoffmans and they have less toe room than the Zamberlans. And I use Superfeet Orange insoles in all my boots.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is it your first pair of this style boot or of Zamberlan?

I’m noticing that every manufacturer has a different “feel”. Each new pair has me wondering for a while whether I got the right size boot until I get used to them. My last 2 pair of boots I had the same question. I wound up replacing the laughably terrible stock Hanwag insoles with considerably better Lowa and Zamberlan ones I had laying around and the boots fit much better. I had the excessive space in the toe box as well.
Lots of companies have different feeling boots in Their own line . I’ve got zamberlan mountain treks and those absolutely do not have a wide toe box. It’s more of a technical mountaineering boot than anything.

Last edited: