Time in the stand is the key to success

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I'm super proud of my brother-in-law for his dedication hunting the biggest deer on our property. He logged a lot of hours in both archery and rifle season with several close calls before finally connecting. It just goes to show that time in the stand leads to more success with old crafty bucks.

Texas Deer Hunting 2021 - Big Buck Down!

Awesome, congrats to your brother-in-law! Time in the stand definitely makes a difference. Adding in all of the pre-season prep goes even further to ensure you have patterned the deer properly and have selected the best setup(s) for the season. Nothing like logging a ton of hours just to watch all the deer travel through a corridor a few hundred yards away, I've been there.

35remy

FNG
Spend as much time as you can out there. A few years ago I sat for a week straight morning and evening to get a certain buck I had seen on camera. The morning after I was able to take him, I went back to the same stand just in case something else was wondering around. Sure enough, an even larger buck filled my second tag that day. I killed a good hog that evening and left camp with plenty of meat.