Tikka T3X with Hawkins Precision LRH Rings Pics Please

Eagle

WKR
Can anyone out there post up pictures of their tikka t3x's with hawkins precision long range hybrid rings? Bonus points if you've got a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 or an NXS 2.5-10x42 mounted on the rifle with those rings as well.

Trying to get an idea of what potentially will/won't work with my tikka actions after I get them milled for sheep ports. Thanks in advance!

Edit: How about SWFA 3-15x42 as well.

Last edited:

Antares

WKR
Can anyone out there post up pictures of their tikka t3x's with hawkins precision long range hybrid rings? Bonus points if you've got a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 or an NXS 2.5-10x42 mounted on the rifle with those rings as well.

Trying to get an idea of what potentially will/won't work with my tikka actions after I get them milled for sheep ports. Thanks in advance!

Here you go. Post #1485 in the semi-custom Tikka thread. Hawkins Long Range Hybrid rings and an NXS 2.5-10x42.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...ustom-tikka-builds.92404/page-75#post-2465070

I don't use them anymore. I couldn't get the scope mounted far enough back. Switched to a rail and the Hawkins Ultra Light Tactical rings.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

WKR
OP
Eagle

Eagle

WKR
Bringing this back up, as I think I've decided to go with the trijicon credo 2.5-15x42. I've seen a few of these mounted on tikka's and I think the tube length and eye relief will work with a sheep port, but if anyone has a picture of this scope in the hawkins rings I'd really like to see that.

Bringing this back up, as I think I've decided to go with the trijicon credo 2.5-15x42. I've seen a few of these mounted on tikka's and I think the tube length and eye relief will work with a sheep port, but if anyone has a picture of this scope in the hawkins rings I'd really like to see that.
That setup works great. I temp mounted mine just to see before I sent my barrel off to get threaded and there was plenty of room for me.
If they weren’t 20moa I’d be able to flip them around the other direction and still have room.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

WKR
That setup works great. I temp mounted mine just to see before I sent my barrel off to get threaded and there was plenty of room for me.
If they weren’t 20moa I’d be able to flip them around the other direction and still have room.
How much of the mounting tube was/is visible in front of the front mount if you can check for me? With the sheep port, it'll move the front mounting holes forward by something like 3/8-1/2"

How much of the mounting tube was/is visible in front of the front mount if you can check for me? With the sheep port, it'll move the front mounting holes forward by something like 3/8-1/2"
My action is at the smith so I can’t do that unfortunately

You ever get your gun back for some pictures?
Haha about that. Was at the gunsmith for like 4 months. Who unsuccessfully “tried” to get the factory barrel off for 2 months. So it’s at a new gunsmith right now. I’ll get an update on it shortly when I bring my other rifle (from the tikka broken bolt/ factory ammo blowup thread) To him to inspect for damage

OP
Eagle

Eagle

WKR
Haha about that. Was at the gunsmith for like 4 months. Who unsuccessfully “tried” to get the factory barrel off for 2 months. So it’s at a new gunsmith right now. I’ll get an update on it shortly when I bring my other rifle (from the tikka broken bolt/ factory ammo blowup thread) To him to inspect for damage
My smith has had some struggles removing tikka barrels as well, seems to be a universal problem, haha.

Finally have an update for you. I have almost exactly 3/4” in front of the front ring

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 51
OP
Eagle

Eagle

WKR
Finally have an update for you. I have almost exactly 3/4” in front of the front ring
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Could you take a picture from the other side of the action, I'm having a sheep port machined and removing the rail above the feeding/ejecting area. A picture on the action side will help me see if that'll still allow talleys to accommodate the new mounting location for this scope.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Could you take a picture from the other side of the action, I'm having a sheep port machined and removing the rail above the feeding/ejecting area. A picture on the action side will help me see if that'll still allow talleys to accommodate the new mounting location for this scope.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 29