Tikka t3x mag issue

sdupontjr

WKR
Not really an issue but more of why is it doing this or what could be causing this. This is my CTR conversion to the t3x stock. Reg tikka bottom metal and mag. But I have found that the mag had just a little play up front. The rear doesn't move any, the front moves about 1/16" or so after clicking into place. The rifle feeds flawless and cycles multiple different rounds at much longer COALs. It's just bugging me because I'm kinda a perfectionist. Also, I've taken the mag out of this one and it fits perfect in my T3 lite, bo play. Take the t3 lite mag and put in into the CTR and I get thesame thing. Any ideas? I know it's not bottoming out against thr action but the bottom metal is flush with the stock and the action is also correct. And no its not rocking on the recoil lug.

I just checked mine. All of my T3x’s do the same thing. The short action calibers I have to press a little harder than the long actions

Macintosh

WKR
Are your two actions torqued exactly the same? Ive noticed differences like that mostly with different torque on the plastic stocks which give a little. If one stock is (or was) torqued higher it may put the other stock’s bottom metal a few hundredths farther from the action, leaving a bit of wiggle room.

Jimbee

WKR
Does the ctr have the retention spring thingy? I took a tikka out of a KRG Bravo and put it in a t3x stock and the magazine spring was removed causing magazine slopScreenshot_20240205_195708_Chrome.jpg

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Are your two actions torqued exactly the same? Ive noticed differences like that mostly with different torque on the plastic stocks which give a little. If one stock is (or was) torqued higher it may put the other stock’s bottom metal a few hundredths farther from the action, leaving a bit of wiggle room.
Yep, 45 in-lb
Does the ctr have the retention spring thingy? I took a tikka out of a KRG Bravo and put it in a t3x stock and the magazine spring was removed causing magazine slopView attachment 669169
It didn't with the factory ctr stock. I had to add it so the t3x stock and bottom metal would work.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
I just checked mine. All of my T3x’s do the same thing. The short action calibers I have to press a little harder than the long actions
Both mine 308. And yes the Lite does require more force to get it set. But like I said, cycles flawless with no issues even with some longer than 308 mag length. I have a LA bolt stop in the ctr and L mag.