Sold Tikka SS 280 AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am selling a "semi-custom" Tikka 280 AI. This rifle was built on a T3 action which had not been fired. I ordered a McGowen Precision barrel and had them install it. It is a bead blasted, matte finish, McGowen barrel, #2 contour chambered in 280 Ackley Improved (SAAMI version), non-threaded. The barrel is a 1 in 8 twist with an 11 degree crown and is 24 inches long. It has an aftermarket larger Mountain Tactical bolt nob. I will include two magazines and either the standard or more vertical pistol grip. This is all in a Tikka T3X varmint stock. It weighs 7 pounds, 0.4 ounces (that's 7 pounds zero point four ounces). This rifle has been fired exactly 73 rounds. I fired 20 rounds of factory Nosler ammo shooting 140 grain Accubonds into under 3/4 of an inch by me. While doing load development I was able to do the same with 160 grain Accubonds with several loads at or under an inch. I happen to be an average shooter. I need $1,100 plus shipping. By the way the difference between the action and the barrel isn't nearly as stark as the pictures make them look with the camera flash.
o3xP7VLl.jpg

9f8eCEUl.jpg

ky2jILgl.jpg

Here's a better view of the action/barrel contrast:

oFfjXbl.jpg

Last edited:
OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I edited this post because the other Hornady brass I had previously offered was sold to someone else. However, I've added $300 worth of other accessories with no price increase.

Last edited:
OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
O.K., I've had several e-mails on multiple forums asking for pictures of groups. I only do so for load work up. I finally dug around and found my targets. The first picture is of the load I finally settled on. You can see an excellent four-round grouping with one renegade. You'll have to take my word for it that the errant hole was a "called flyer" and, if memory serves me correctly, was the second round fired in that group. The second target is my back-up group. I provide that as IMR4831 is more readily available to most people than is RL26. I would like to note, speaking of more readily available, that I got similar results using 162 grain ELD-Ms and, RL26, IMR4831 and RL19. I just don't seem to be able to find that load data.

euhxOEJm.jpg

Rvx6vnWm.jpg

Last edited:
OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This rifle is no longer for sale. Instead, I'm going to sell my stainless T3X 280AI with a Bartlein barrel in a new ad.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am re-opening this thread and therefore putting this back on the market. The Hornady brass and the dies are no longer available on this sale. However, additionally, for the $1100 plus shipping I'm going to swap out the factory bottom metal and going to install the Mountain Tactical bottom metal with two Mountain Tactical magazines. That's an additional $300 worth of accessories at no price increase from my initial ad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.