Tikka Rebarrel - SLC/Utah County Area

Jimbee

WKR
Thanks everyone. Actually was able to pick up a factory takeoff 24" barrel from a member on here on Friday, it's en-route to me right now. I'll start calling around to some of these guys.

As far as the comments about me looking for a "Tikka Expert" gunsmith, it's primarily because of the comments some of the other guys have made to me when I've called them. I had one guy tell me he needed to blueprint and true the action before he could work on it, and have heard several say that shouldered prefits don't work on Tikkas as good as "the internet would have you believe."

So I'm just trying to find somebody that understands what Tikkas are and won't question the plan I have unless it's truly unsafe (which, by all accounts and reports in the industry, is NOT the case). Realizing there's LOTS of hacks out there as I dig further into this.
Have you considered buying a couple tools and doing it yourself? I bought a universal action wrench, barrel vise, internal action wrench and a go guage and have done 4 tikka barrel swaps. It's pretty simple and probably wouldn't cost any more than what a gunsmith would charge. I'd even let you borrow stuff if you want, I'm in Iowa.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
Have you considered buying a couple tools and doing it yourself? I bought a universal action wrench, barrel vise, internal action wrench and a go guage and have done 4 tikka barrel swaps. It's pretty simple and probably wouldn't cost any more than what a gunsmith would charge. I'd even let you borrow stuff if you want, I'm in Iowa.
This is awesome to hear, I'm gonna send you a PM actually!