tikka open sights and piccatiny rail

medvedyt

WKR
Hello,

for those that own or owned a tikka with open sights were you able to use a piccatiny rail and still the open sights?

im thinking using a ctr action to become a 9.3x62 with battue sights (barrel switch) but wonder if i can keep or not the rail.

weight chase is not a problem for the 9.3x62 ...

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
The battle sights sit fairly high off the barrel, so as long as your rail is not a very high profile I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
No problem. I had it out today so I snapped a quick picture. Its not the best but it should give you an idea of the height.20240622_193914.jpg

OP
M

medvedyt

WKR

It seems easier to order the arctic version.

Edit: I didn't initially realize how difficult these rifles are to find.
i might seems easier lol but when you re left handed that is adding so much ... i created a post where i will have a gunsmith creating for me a 9.3x62 using a ctr action i have on a 9.3x62 barrel taken from a right hand action (more costly to keep the battue open sights but i really like them and useful here for the way iim hunting), i ordered over a year and half ago a 9.3x62 with open sights in left hand action and the twin in 30-06 both are available on the market but for now not been able to get them and the factory just delivered their yearly quota for canada so nothing now before next year if ever ...